Tuesday 1 December 2015

Research aims

I aim to make a music video which promotes an emotive narrative representing youth and escapism. I will encorporate ideas of female independence through a solo female singer, however focus majority on the storyline and youth culture. When I watch Ed Sheeran's music videos I want to understand what makes them so important to mediators, and how the target audience connect with the lyrics, and more specifically the music video. Through-out my research stages I will explain the role of Pop Acoustic artists, and the ways in which idols such as Ellie Goulding, Lorde and Ed Sheeran have climbed the ladder of musical success.
I will then research target audience to learn what ideologies promoted in Pop Acoustic music videos, the audience identify with and desire to consume. I will then research other promotional aspects of artists and advertisements.
Next I will add secondary research, i.e. any relevant wider contexts outside of the music videos themselves and highlight the role of the music video itself as a mediating factor modern artists are dependent on.

No comments:

Post a Comment